- Our Story
- Career Opportunities
- Test & Event Calendar
- Test Requirements
- Personal History Statement
- 10 Desirable Candidate Attributes
- Candidate FAQs
- Special Accommodations
- Remote Testing
Testing at an approved Testing Center
IMPORTANT UPDATE - 6/14/2020
Testing Centers nationwide are closed to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 Virus. Please check with your chosen Testing Center before registering for an exam, to ensure that you will be able to schedule an exam. You may find the list of testing centers here: https://www.ncta-testing.org/interactive-map. Please email us at RemoteTest@publicsafetytesting.com if you have any questions.
Have questions about our response to COVID-19? Please check out our COVID-19 FAQs!
Important Information to know about Remote Testing at an approved Testing Center
- There will be an additional, non-refundable $15 processing fee for Remote Exams in addition to the standard PST testing fee which will be charged at the time of your registration on our website (example: $50 testing fee + $15 processing fee).
- At certain testing centers the candidate is responsible for paying an additional test proctor fee directly to the test center. This fee is in addition to the cost of registration on the PST website.
- The Physical Ability Testing (PAT) will not be administered at approved Testing Center test sites. Some agencies will not accept your initial written score without a PAT and others will not accept your scores until you also have a passing PAT. If the agency requires a PAT score, you must complete a PST PAT within 90 days of your written exam. Be sure to check each agency’s profile.
- You must schedule your written exam at least ONE (1) week in advance of the requested test date. Failure to provide one-week notice may result in your exam being rescheduled.
Remote Testing Help
1. Select the agencies that you want to test for
2. Go through the Qualifications and Self-assessment
3. Click on Select a Testing Center
4. Review the information and click on "I understand the above and want to proceed with Remote Testing". You will then find a testing center near you.
5. Continue and pay for the exam
6. Go to your Remote Testing Registration page by going on your Dashboard and clicking on "Remote Testing Registration"
7. Contact your testing center and schedule a testing date and time with them. Your scheduled test date must be at least one week in the future. Once a date has been confirmed, click "I have contacted the testing center" and enter in the date and time.
8. Download the Applicant Liability Waiver and Release Agreement and get it notarized. Upload the notarized waiver for PST’s approval
Click below to find Remote Testing Centers in your area.
Remote Testing Coordinator
Hours: Monday - Friday; 8:30am - 5:00pm (Pacific Standard Time)
How do I set up a test at an approved Testing Center?
Is there a testing center near my area?
There are no testing centers near me that can proctor the exam. Can I have a proctor from a testing center not associated with the NCTA administer the written test?
Can you accommodate testing in a country other than the United States?
It looks like there is an event scheduled near me. Can I sign up for that one?
The testing center I have contacted will not let me set up an appointment until they have information about the test/the testing materials. What should I do?
When can I schedule my Physical Ability Test?
Your Physical Ability Test (PAT) will be conducted at a later date and you will be required to travel to complete the PAT either at a PST Test Site or at the agency.
What is the deadline I need to take the test on in order to be considered for the next hiring cycle?
What do I need to do after setting up a test date?
You will not be able to test unless you scan your liability waiver form to PST. Please email it to RemoteTest@publicsafetytesting.com.The scan must be legible to be accepted.
If you don’t see your question answered here, please contact the Remote Testing Coordinator.
TESTING IN WASHINGTON STATE CANCELED THROUGH MAY 31, 2020
All pre-employment tests in Washington State have been canceled until May 31, 2020 unless government restrictions are eased. With recent updates, facility closures, and government guidelines, this step is necessary and could be modified at any time. The health and safety of our customers, our staff, and their families is of the highest priority.
We will continue to evaluate developments and make changes to this policy as necessary. When we do resume testing, there will be plenty of events for everyone to test. We are in regular communication with our public safety agency partners, assessing alternatives to the traditional testing model and our testing policies. Any future updates will be posted on the PST website and our Facebook page.
If you have tested with PST in the past 12 months, there may be additional positions you are now eligible to add. Several departments have temporarily changed their testing policies due to the suspension in testing that COVID-19 has caused. Please login to your PST account and navigate to the ‘New Positions’ page to see what departments you can add! We will regularly update that page in your account as departments send updates.
FUTURE TEST REGISTRATION
We know that there will be testing in the future - we just don’t know when! We want you to be prepared for when testing begins again so we have created test events on our calendar that you can register for that will place you in a queue to be first notified. These tests are not “real” test events, they are essentially a holding area. You will be able to “reschedule” out of that event to any other event date/location at no cost. Registering now will also give you time to work on your Personal History Statement (PHS) so that your data will be ready and up-to-date to send to your departments once testing resumes.
To sign up for this placeholder event, select the June 15, 2020 test date in your category (police, fire, 911 dispatch, corrections, etc.).
You may also click on the test event of interest below to sign up:
Please check back here frequently and ‘Like’ our Facebook page to stay updated.
PST staff are working remotely and are available by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We anticipate a high email volume and will respond as quickly as possible.