- Our Story
- Career Opportunities
- Test & Event Calendar
- Test Requirements
- Personal History Statement
- 10 Desirable Candidate Attributes
- Candidate FAQs
- Special Accommodations
- Remote Testing
IMPORTANT UPDATE - 11/17/2020
Have questions about our response to COVID-19? Please check out our COVID-19 FAQs!
Public Safety Testing is pleased to offer Candidates the ability to take their written exams in locations around the United States, scheduled on an individual basis. Each exam is set up specifically for a Candidate, to fit their needs for both ease of scheduling and to reduce the cost of application.
Regularly scheduled test events are available in Washington State, Alaska, Nevada, and Wyoming. If you live outside of those states then you may be eligible to participate in Remote Testing and complete the written exam at an approved testing center in your area.
Please choose which Remote Testing option you want to learn more about:
Remote Testing Help
1. Select the agencies that you want to test for
2. Go through the Qualifications and Self-assessment
3. Click on Select a Testing Center
4. Review the information and click on "I understand the above and want to proceed with Remote Testing". You will then find a testing center near you.
5. Continue and pay for the exam
6. Go to your Remote Testing Registration page by going on your Dashboard and clicking on "Remote Testing Registration"
7. Contact your testing center and schedule a testing date and time with them. Your scheduled test date must be at least one week in the future. Once a date has been confirmed, click "I have contacted the testing center" and enter in the date and time.
8. Download the Applicant Liability Waiver and Release Agreement and get it notarized. Upload the notarized waiver for PST’s approval
Click below to find Remote Testing Centers in your area.
Remote Testing Coordinator
Hours: Monday - Friday; 8:30am - 5:00pm (Pacific Standard Time)
TESTING IN WASHINGTON STATE CANCELED THROUGH MAY 31, 2020
All pre-employment tests in Washington State have been canceled until May 31, 2020 unless government restrictions are eased. With recent updates, facility closures, and government guidelines, this step is necessary and could be modified at any time. The health and safety of our customers, our staff, and their families is of the highest priority.
We will continue to evaluate developments and make changes to this policy as necessary. When we do resume testing, there will be plenty of events for everyone to test. We are in regular communication with our public safety agency partners, assessing alternatives to the traditional testing model and our testing policies. Any future updates will be posted on the PST website and our Facebook page.
If you have tested with PST in the past 12 months, there may be additional positions you are now eligible to add. Several departments have temporarily changed their testing policies due to the suspension in testing that COVID-19 has caused. Please login to your PST account and navigate to the ‘New Positions’ page to see what departments you can add! We will regularly update that page in your account as departments send updates.
FUTURE TEST REGISTRATION
We know that there will be testing in the future - we just don’t know when! We want you to be prepared for when testing begins again so we have created test events on our calendar that you can register for that will place you in a queue to be first notified. These tests are not “real” test events, they are essentially a holding area. You will be able to “reschedule” out of that event to any other event date/location at no cost. Registering now will also give you time to work on your Personal History Statement (PHS) so that your data will be ready and up-to-date to send to your departments once testing resumes.
To sign up for this placeholder event, select the June 15, 2020 test date in your category (police, fire, 911 dispatch, corrections, etc.).
You may also click on the test event of interest below to sign up:
Please check back here frequently and ‘Like’ our Facebook page to stay updated.
PST staff are working remotely and are available by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We anticipate a high email volume and will respond as quickly as possible.