Upcoming Tests & Events
COVID-19 Update 3/19/20
All testing in Washington State is canceled until at least April 30, 2020. Signing up for this event will place you in a virtual waiting room for when we begin testing again. THIS IS NOT A REAL TEST EVENT. Those that register for this event will receive the first notification when testing starts again. Once testing resumes, we will post many new events on our calendar and you will then be able to reschedule from this event to a “real” test event for free, regardless of whether it is before or after May 15.
Filter By Type
- Law Enforcement/Corrections
- Written Test
- Physical Ability Retest
- Physical Ability Practice
- Written Test
- CPAT Orientation
- CPAT Practice Test
- EMT Written Test
- 911 Dispatcher
- Written Test
COVID-19 Update 3/24/20
Testing Centers nationwide are closed to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 Virus. Please check with your chosen Testing Center before registering for an exam, to ensure that you will be able to schedule an exam. You may find the list of testing centers here: https://ncta.memberclicks.net/find-a-cctc-participant. Please email us at RemoteTest@publicsafetytesting.com if you have any questions.
You may only apply/test for agencies that allow the Remote Testing process. If you wish to apply/test for departments that do not allow Remote Testing, you must travel to one of PST's scheduled test dates/locations to complete both the written and physical ability exams.
- There will be a $15 non-refundable processing fee for Remote Testing exams in addition to the standard PST testing fee (example: $50 testing fee + $15 processing fee).
- The candidate is also responsible for paying an additional test proctor fee directly to the NCTA testing center (if applicable).
- Written tests may be administered in all 50 states. There may be an opportunity to complete the physical ability test (PAT) remotely, but the majority of PATs are completed in Washington State. You will receive additional information about scheduling your PAT upon completion of the written exam.
- You must schedule your written exam at least ONE (1) week in advance of the requested test date. Failure to provide one-week notice may result in your exam being rescheduled.
- You must submit your PST notarized applicant liability waiver form at least ONE (1) business day before your scheduled test date for LEO/CO/FF exams or ONE (1) week before your scheduled test date for Dispatch tests. Failure to submit the required document may result in your exam being rescheduled.
If you have any additional questions, please e-mail: email@example.com
The following is a list of locations available for Remote Testing. You may choose one here. If you do not find a testing location to your liking, click the Back button below to return to on-site testing. To choose a location, click on the marker on the map, then the ACCEPT button if you wish to choose that location.
Don't see an event close enough to you? If you live outside of Washington State, Alaska, or Wyoming, you may be eligible to complete the written exam in your area.
TESTING IN WASHINGTON STATE CANCELED THROUGH MAY 4, 2020
All pre-employment tests in Washington State have been canceled until May 4, 2020. The previous date was April 30th, but with recent updates, facility closures, and government guidelines, this step is necessary and could be modified at any time. The health and safety of our customers, our staff, and their families is of the highest priority.
We will continue to evaluate developments and make changes to this policy as necessary. When we do resume testing, there will be plenty of events for everyone to test. We are in regular communication with our public safety agency partners, assessing alternatives to the traditional testing model and our testing policies. Any future updates will be posted on the PST website and our Facebook page.
If you have tested with PST in the past 12 months, there may be additional positions you are now eligible to add. Several departments have temporarily changed their testing policies due to the suspension in testing that COVID-19 has caused. Please login to your PST account and navigate to the ‘New Positions’ page to see what departments you can add! We will regularly update that page in your account as departments send updates.
FUTURE TEST REGISTRATION
We know that there will be testing in the future - we just don’t know when! We want you to be prepared for when testing begins again so we have created test events on our calendar that you can register for that will place you in a queue to be first notified. These tests are not “real” test events, they are essentially a holding area. You will be able to “reschedule” out of that event to any other event date/location at no cost. Registering now will also give you time to work on your Personal History Statement (PHS) so that your data will be ready and up-to-date to send to your departments once testing resumes.
To sign up for this placeholder event, select the May 15, 2020 test date in your category (police, fire, 911 dispatch, corrections, etc.). If you are currently registered for an exam before May 5, we suggest that you reschedule your test to this May 15 event as well.
You may also click on the test event of interest below to sign up:
Please check back here frequently and ‘Like’ our Facebook page to stay updated.
PST staff are working remotely and are available by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We anticipate a high email volume and will respond as quickly as possible.