- Our Story
- Career Opportunities
- Test & Event Calendar
- Test Requirements
- Personal History Statement
- 10 Desirable Candidate Attributes
- Candidate FAQs
- Special Accommodations
- Remote Testing
IMPORTANT UPDATE - 6/14/2020
We will soon be posting PAT-only events for those candidates who need to take the PAT or PAT Retest (having already completed the written exam).
- Initially, PST-hosted events will occur at our Lynnwood location.
- If you took your written exam using the online, in-home testing option you will be able to schedule your PAT at a PST-hosted event without incurring additional charges.
- For those candidates affected by the 90-day retest rule, we will be extending the deadline to complete your retest to account for the period of non-testing.
You must complete your Law Enforcement/Corrections PAT within 90 days of your written exam date. You may choose one of the below options to schedule your PAT.
- Schedule through PST: You may schedule your Law Enforcement/Corrections PAT by logging into your PST Account and navigating to the "Test & Event Calendar." You will select a date that PST is hosting an exam to take your test (please note that the majority of these exams will be in Washington state).
- Schedule at a participating Anytime Fitness location: PST has launched a program with Anytime Fitness locations in the United States to conduct the Law Enforcement/Corrections PAT. You will be able to select a date/time that works for you, providing you more flexibility in scheduling options. The fee to schedule with Anytime Fitness is $60.
Remote Testing Coordinator
Hours: Monday - Friday; 8:30am - 5:00pm (Pacific Standard Time)
Do all agencies allow Remote Testing?
How do I set up a remote test?
Is there a testing center near my area?
There are no testing centers near me that can proctor the exam. Can I have a proctor from a testing center not associated with the NCTA administer the written test?
Can you accommodate testing in a country other than the United States?
It looks like there is an event scheduled near me. Can I sign up for that one?
The testing center I have contacted will not let me set up an appointment until they have information about the test/the testing materials. What should I do?
When can I schedule my Physical Ability Test?
Your Physical Ability Test (PAT) will be conducted at a later date and you will be required to travel to complete the PAT either at a PST Test Site or at the agency.
What is the deadline I need to take the test on in order to be considered for the next hiring cycle?
What do I need to do after setting up a test date?
You will not be able to test unless you scan your liability waiver form to PST. Please email it to RemoteTest@publicsafetytesting.com.The scan must be legible to be accepted.
If you don’t see your question answered here, please contact the Remote Testing Coordinator.
TESTING IN WASHINGTON STATE CANCELED THROUGH MAY 31, 2020
All pre-employment tests in Washington State have been canceled until May 31, 2020 unless government restrictions are eased. With recent updates, facility closures, and government guidelines, this step is necessary and could be modified at any time. The health and safety of our customers, our staff, and their families is of the highest priority.
We will continue to evaluate developments and make changes to this policy as necessary. When we do resume testing, there will be plenty of events for everyone to test. We are in regular communication with our public safety agency partners, assessing alternatives to the traditional testing model and our testing policies. Any future updates will be posted on the PST website and our Facebook page.
If you have tested with PST in the past 12 months, there may be additional positions you are now eligible to add. Several departments have temporarily changed their testing policies due to the suspension in testing that COVID-19 has caused. Please login to your PST account and navigate to the ‘New Positions’ page to see what departments you can add! We will regularly update that page in your account as departments send updates.
FUTURE TEST REGISTRATION
We know that there will be testing in the future - we just don’t know when! We want you to be prepared for when testing begins again so we have created test events on our calendar that you can register for that will place you in a queue to be first notified. These tests are not “real” test events, they are essentially a holding area. You will be able to “reschedule” out of that event to any other event date/location at no cost. Registering now will also give you time to work on your Personal History Statement (PHS) so that your data will be ready and up-to-date to send to your departments once testing resumes.
To sign up for this placeholder event, select the June 15, 2020 test date in your category (police, fire, 911 dispatch, corrections, etc.).
You may also click on the test event of interest below to sign up:
Please check back here frequently and ‘Like’ our Facebook page to stay updated.
PST staff are working remotely and are available by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We anticipate a high email volume and will respond as quickly as possible.