- Our Story
- Career Opportunities
- Test & Event Calendar
- Test Requirements
- Personal History Statement
- 10 Desirable Candidate Attributes
- Candidate FAQs
- Special Accommodations
- Remote Testing
Law Enforcement & Corrections Physical Ability Testing
You must complete your Law Enforcement/Corrections Physical Ability Test (PAT) within 90 days of your written exam date.
Many options exist for you to complete your Law Enforcement/Corrections PAT. You may choose any of the below options to schedule!
- Schedule at a PST test location: Select a date that PST is hosting a PAT from our "Test & Event Calendar." The majority of these exams will be held in Washington State. PLEASE NOTE: PST only conducts the PAT for LEO & CO candidates testing for WA, ID, and AK. The ORPAT will not be administered by PST and must be scheduled directly with the agency. The fee to schedule with PST is $29.
- Schedule a V-PAT: Our MOST FLEXIBLE OPTION! Sign up for a Virtual Physical Ability Test (V-PAT) and take your Law Enforcement/Corrections PAT for Washington State agencies anytime, anywhere. Specific V-PAT Test Requirements & Considerations apply. The fee to schedule with PST is $29.
- Schedule at a participating Anytime Fitness location: You may take a Law Enforcement/Corrections PAT proctored by a Fitness Trainer at Anytime Fitness locations nationwide. You will be able to select a date/time that works for you, providing you more flexibility in scheduling options. PLEASE NOTE: Anytime Fitness may only conduct the PAT for LEO & CO candidates testing for WA, ID, and AK. The ORPAT CANNOT be completed at an Anytime Fitness location and must be scheduled directly with the agency. The fee to schedule with Anytime Fitness is $75.
Please review and ensure you understand the test requirements linked below. It is your responsibility to be aware of and inform your test proctor of which standards you must complete:
WA State Law Enforcement WA State Corrections ID & AK States Law Enforcement & Detention
Remote Testing Coordinator
Hours: Monday - Friday; 8:30am - 5:00pm (Pacific Standard Time)
Have questions about our response to COVID-19?
Is the PAT taken at Anytime Fitness any different than taking it at a PST location?
It looks like there is a PAT event scheduled at an Anytime Fitness near me. Can I sign up for that one?
What is the V-PAT?
What is the deadline I need to take the test in order to be considered for the next hiring cycle?
If you don’t see your question answered here, please contact the Remote Testing Coordinator.
TESTING IN WASHINGTON STATE CANCELED THROUGH MAY 31, 2020
All pre-employment tests in Washington State have been canceled until May 31, 2020 unless government restrictions are eased. With recent updates, facility closures, and government guidelines, this step is necessary and could be modified at any time. The health and safety of our customers, our staff, and their families is of the highest priority.
We will continue to evaluate developments and make changes to this policy as necessary. When we do resume testing, there will be plenty of events for everyone to test. We are in regular communication with our public safety agency partners, assessing alternatives to the traditional testing model and our testing policies. Any future updates will be posted on the PST website and our Facebook page.
If you have tested with PST in the past 12 months, there may be additional positions you are now eligible to add. Several departments have temporarily changed their testing policies due to the suspension in testing that COVID-19 has caused. Please login to your PST account and navigate to the ‘New Positions’ page to see what departments you can add! We will regularly update that page in your account as departments send updates.
FUTURE TEST REGISTRATION
We know that there will be testing in the future - we just don’t know when! We want you to be prepared for when testing begins again so we have created test events on our calendar that you can register for that will place you in a queue to be first notified. These tests are not “real” test events, they are essentially a holding area. You will be able to “reschedule” out of that event to any other event date/location at no cost. Registering now will also give you time to work on your Personal History Statement (PHS) so that your data will be ready and up-to-date to send to your departments once testing resumes.
To sign up for this placeholder event, select the June 15, 2020 test date in your category (police, fire, 911 dispatch, corrections, etc.).
You may also click on the test event of interest below to sign up:
Please check back here frequently and ‘Like’ our Facebook page to stay updated.
PST staff are working remotely and are available by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We anticipate a high email volume and will respond as quickly as possible.