The information herein is provided by the respective agency and is only as accurate and as up-to-date as the agency representative(s) update this information. PST is not responsible for the veracity of this data as it is provided directly from the agency. It is ultimately the applicant's responsibility to verify any information about the agency with the agency.
City of Blackfoot - Firefighter
Last updated on April 05, 2023
PST Partner Agency since March 22, 2022
Testing Deadline: December 21, 2022.
Under close supervision and guidance, an individual in this position is expected to become a qualified Firefighter/EMT to provide basic and advanced life support care, perform fire suppression, fire prevention and inspection duties to protect life and property, to protect the community from disaster situations and promote an environment of public safety within the City of Blackfoot’s emergency response area. Due to the emergency nature of this work, the working hours of this position vary and will include weekends and evenings (typically 48/96). This work is performed under the direct supervision of a Lieutenant or Captain and the indirect supervision of the Fire Chief; the employee may be assigned other duties as required.
- Respond to fire alarms, participate and assist in emergency and non-emergency operations as may be required, relating to fire and emergency medical situations that may involve, hazardous materials, confined spaces rescue, extrication and technical rescues including high angle, below grade, swift water, trench and collapse rescues; and other related services;
- Provide emergency medical treatment to injured persons, involving the application of modern EMS techniques, advanced first aid at medical emergencies, and other related situations;
- Acquire and retain a thorough knowledge of the response area, including streets, buildings, water supply, unusual hazards and related items;
- Operate all types of firefighting vehicles and rescue equipment, emergency medical response, rescue and extrication, such as portable fire extinguishers, power tools, hand tools, forcible entry tools and related equipment;
- Clean and inspect equipment and apparatus as required, to ensure proper operation, and reports any needed maintenance to a superior officer;
- Keep fire station, equipment, and grounds in a clean and orderly condition;
- Participate in training activities and instruction sessions;
- Perform various public safety education programs, fire prevention demonstrations and related events;
- Enter inspection and training calls into the records management system(s);
- Perform all work duties and activities in compliance with, and maintain current knowledge of, Departmental, City, County, State, Federal and other applicable policies, procedures, standards and safety practices;
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned;
NORMAL WORK WEEK
The work week and shift hours may vary depending upon scheduling and needs of the Department.
Blackfoot is a city in Bingham County, Idaho. The population is 12,500. The city is the county seat of Bingham County. Blackfoot boasts the largest potato industry in any one area, and is known as the "Potato Capital of the World." It is the site of the Idaho Potato Museum, and the home of the world's largest baked potato and potato chip.
The Blackfoot Fire Department, Established in 1906, is responsible for delivering emergency medical services, fire protection and rescue to over 1500 square miles of property and land in Bingham County, Idaho.
To do so, the Department consists of 27 full-time employees along with the Fire Chief, a full-time Office Administrator and a part time Assistant to maintain emergency staffing 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Each of the three shifts are comprised of licensed Paramedics and state certified EMT's as well as Idaho State Certified Structural and Wildland Firefighters.
# of Staff: 29
The deadline to test for the next hiring cycle is December 21, 2022.
Probationary Fire fighter
Starting salary will be commensurate with experience.
Probationary Firefighter $43,825.60/Year
Probationary Medic $49,358.40/Year
Fire Medic Lateral $57,715084/Year DOE
The City of Blackfoot offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet the needs of our employees.
· Medical Benefits
· Dental Benefits 100% paid by the City
· Vision Benefits 100% paid by the City
· PERSI Retirement Plan with Matching Contributions
· Long Term Disability
· Life Insurance
· AD&D Insurance
· Flexible Spending Account
· Wellness Program
· Employee Assistance Program
· Personal Time Off
· Discounts at the Blackfoot Municipal Golf Course
- Longevity after 5 yrs - .5% of Annual pay
City of Blackfoot - Firefighter Requirements
|Category||Requirement||Required at time of...|
|Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT)||
Yes, required as described below
Modified Combat Challenge (Google Firefighter combat challenge)
|US Citizen/Lawful Permanent Resident||US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident|
|High School Grad/ GED||Yes|
|Driver's License Required||Valid Class D Driver's License Required|
|Felony Conviction(s) as an Adult||No adult felony convictions at any time.|
|Felony Conviction(s) as a Juvenile||None.|
|Ability to Read & Write the English Language||Yes|
|Veterans Preference Points||Yes|
|CPAT||Modified FF Combat Challenge and FF Medical Physical|
City of Blackfoot - Firefighter Disqualifiers
The following are automatic and potential disqualifiers. Applicants should not apply to our agency if they indicate any of the automatic disqualifiers. Potential disqualifiers will be considered on a case by case basis.
City of Blackfoot - Firefighter
Blackfoot, ID 83221 Bingham County
Agency Test Requirements
Written Examination: Yes, required
CPAT: Yes, required as described below
Other City of Blackfoot positionsSign Up
TESTING IN WASHINGTON STATE CANCELED THROUGH MAY 31, 2020
All pre-employment tests in Washington State have been canceled until May 31, 2020 unless government restrictions are eased. With recent updates, facility closures, and government guidelines, this step is necessary and could be modified at any time. The health and safety of our customers, our staff, and their families is of the highest priority.
We will continue to evaluate developments and make changes to this policy as necessary. When we do resume testing, there will be plenty of events for everyone to test. We are in regular communication with our public safety agency partners, assessing alternatives to the traditional testing model and our testing policies. Any future updates will be posted on the PST website and our Facebook page.
If you have tested with PST in the past 12 months, there may be additional positions you are now eligible to add. Several departments have temporarily changed their testing policies due to the suspension in testing that COVID-19 has caused. Please login to your PST account and navigate to the ‘New Positions’ page to see what departments you can add! We will regularly update that page in your account as departments send updates.
FUTURE TEST REGISTRATION
We know that there will be testing in the future - we just don’t know when! We want you to be prepared for when testing begins again so we have created test events on our calendar that you can register for that will place you in a queue to be first notified. These tests are not “real” test events, they are essentially a holding area. You will be able to “reschedule” out of that event to any other event date/location at no cost. Registering now will also give you time to work on your Personal History Statement (PHS) so that your data will be ready and up-to-date to send to your departments once testing resumes.
To sign up for this placeholder event, select the June 15, 2020 test date in your category (police, fire, 911 dispatch, corrections, etc.).
You may also click on the test event of interest below to sign up:
Law Enforcement & Corrections Written and Physical Ability Test
Please check back here frequently and ‘Like’ our Facebook page to stay updated.
PST staff are working remotely and are available by email at email@example.com. We anticipate a high email volume and will respond as quickly as possible.