The information herein is provided by the respective agency and is only as accurate and as up-to-date as the agency representative(s) update this information. PST is not responsible for the veracity of this data as it is provided directly from the agency. It is ultimately the applicant's responsibility to verify any information about the agency with the agency.
Enumclaw Police Department - Communications Officer/Dispatcher
Last updated on October 20, 2020
PST Partner Agency since October 19, 2011
Position: Lateral/Experienced/Entry Level Communications Officer
Guild: Enumclaw Police Officers Association (EPOA) Support Employees
Date Open: August 03, 2020
Date Closed: September 29, 2020
Oral Boards: Monday October 5, 2020 & Tuesday October 6, 2020 (if needed)
Supervisor Visit: Week of October 12, 2020 – top 3 candidates
Chief Interview: Week of October 19, 2020 – top 3 candidates
Estimated Start date: January 18, 2021
2020 Salary Range: $4,579 - $5,843 / month
This is a salaried position that is paid semi-monthly on the 10th & 25th
Approximate Hourly Rate: $25.02 - $31.93
Approximate Yearly Rate: $54,948 - $70,116
Salary range consists of 6 steps. You advance to the next step on your anniversary date.
Base salary does not include scheduled overtime, holiday pay, educational incentive,
longevity pay, $200/month VEBA contribution or $750 yearly uniform allowance.
Salary is subject to change based on cost of living increases and conditions set by the
Collective Bargaining Agreement.
· All applicants must possess a high school diploma or GED.
· All applicants must accurately type a minimum of 50 wpm.
· An applicant may be considered an “Experienced Candidate” if they have been a full time emergency services dispatcher within the past 6 months of the date the application is received.
· An applicant may be considered a “Lateral Candidate” if they have completed their CTO and probationary training with their current employer and hold all certifications required for the job classification.
· As one of six Communications officers you will call receive and dispatch police emergency and non-emergency calls for service for the Enumclaw Police Department, and after hours police/fire/medical services for Mt Rainier National Park.
· Answer business line inquiries and assist citizens in the Police Department lobby with CPL applications, fingerprint services, bail collections, inmate visitations and other questions.
· Enter information into the ACCESS database to include warrants, court orders and stolen vehicles.
· Monitor department video surveillance for the building and Enumclaw City Jail.
· Dispatch after hours city services for the water, gas and line maintenance departments.
· 42 hour work week with built in 2 hours overtime per week.
· Work week consists of three 12 hour shifts and one 6 hour shift followed by three consecutive days off.
· Employees rotate shifts every three months.
· The Enumclaw Police Department prioritizes customer service. You must be able to interact in a professional manner with all types of individuals without bias or judgement.
· You will be expected to interact effectively during highly stressful and emotional situations.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
· Speak and understand the English language clearly and coherently.
· Simultaneously hear and understand phone and radio traffic via headset or external speaker.
The City of Enumclaw is approximately 45 minutes southeast of Seattle Washington in King County. The current population is approximately 11,600 residents. The city sits on the Enumclaw Plateau, nestled in the midst of green fields and picturesque dairy farms. The Cascade Mountains along with Mt. Rainier offer a dramatic backdrop for our community. Enumclaw is an outdoor enthusiast's dream and is known as “The Gateway to Mt. Rainier” with easy access to world class skiing, hiking, climbing, hunting and fishing.
Enumclaw currently has 32 full time police department employees with 18 commissioned officers. The city also has its own jail with a staff of 6 corrections officers and a communications / 911 center with a staff of 6 communications officers.
# of Staff:
Enumclaw Police Department - Communications Officer/Dispatcher has 2 vacancies.
Number of current vacancies: 1
Check our website for information at www.cityofenumclaw.net
Step 1: $4,579 - $5,843 / month
Medical, dental, vision, prescription, sick time, vacation, & PERS retirement system.
Enumclaw Police Department - Communications Officer/Dispatcher Requirements
|Category||Requirement||Required at time of...|
The typing test is a critical component of your written test score and you are required to complete the online typing test before the day of your exam. You will be allowed four (4) attempts at the typing test every seven (7) days and are responsible for selecting the score that you want PST to forward to the agencies you have applied with.
50 WPM; 90% Accuracy
|US Citizen/Lawful Permanent Resident||Yes|
|High School Grad/ GED||Yes|
|Driver's License Required||Yes|
|Felony Conviction(s) as an Adult||None.|
|Felony Conviction(s) as a Juvenile||None.|
|Ability to Read & Write the English Language||Yes|
|Vision Requirements||Correctable to 20/20|
|Multiple Scores from Same Applicant||We consider all the scores from the same applicant|
|Dispatch Typing Test||Standardize it (_60__ WPM and _90___% Acc)|
Enumclaw Police Department - Communications Officer/Dispatcher Disqualifiers
The following are automatic and potential disqualifiers. Applicants should not apply to our agency if they indicate any of the automatic disqualifiers. Potential disqualifiers will be considered on a case by case basis.
Enumclaw Police Department - Communications Officer/Dispatcher
Enumclaw, WA 98022 King County
Agency Test Requirements
Written Examination: Yes, required
Typing Test: Yes, required
Other Enumclaw Police Department positionsSign Up
TESTING IN WASHINGTON STATE CANCELED THROUGH MAY 31, 2020
All pre-employment tests in Washington State have been canceled until May 31, 2020 unless government restrictions are eased. With recent updates, facility closures, and government guidelines, this step is necessary and could be modified at any time. The health and safety of our customers, our staff, and their families is of the highest priority.
We will continue to evaluate developments and make changes to this policy as necessary. When we do resume testing, there will be plenty of events for everyone to test. We are in regular communication with our public safety agency partners, assessing alternatives to the traditional testing model and our testing policies. Any future updates will be posted on the PST website and our Facebook page.
If you have tested with PST in the past 12 months, there may be additional positions you are now eligible to add. Several departments have temporarily changed their testing policies due to the suspension in testing that COVID-19 has caused. Please login to your PST account and navigate to the ‘New Positions’ page to see what departments you can add! We will regularly update that page in your account as departments send updates.
FUTURE TEST REGISTRATION
We know that there will be testing in the future - we just don’t know when! We want you to be prepared for when testing begins again so we have created test events on our calendar that you can register for that will place you in a queue to be first notified. These tests are not “real” test events, they are essentially a holding area. You will be able to “reschedule” out of that event to any other event date/location at no cost. Registering now will also give you time to work on your Personal History Statement (PHS) so that your data will be ready and up-to-date to send to your departments once testing resumes.
To sign up for this placeholder event, select the June 15, 2020 test date in your category (police, fire, 911 dispatch, corrections, etc.).
You may also click on the test event of interest below to sign up:
Please check back here frequently and ‘Like’ our Facebook page to stay updated.
PST staff are working remotely and are available by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We anticipate a high email volume and will respond as quickly as possible.