The information herein is provided by the respective agency and is only as accurate and as up-to-date as the agency representative(s) update this information. PST is not responsible for the veracity of this data as it is provided directly from the agency. It is ultimately the applicant's responsibility to verify any information about the agency with the agency.
Airway Heights Police Department - Lateral Police Officer
Last updated on January 25, 2023
PST Partner Agency since August 16, 2022
Important InformationLateral Candidates do not need to complete testing with PST. Complete PHS in PST. Complete application for employment with the City of Airway Heights at this link.
# of Staff: 23
Applications are being accepted to establish a Lateral Police Officer and Intermediate Lateral Police Officer eligibility list for the City of Airway Heights
Lateral Police Officer current range of consideration: $82,824.00 - $87,864.00 Annually DOQ
Intermediate Lateral Police Officer current range of consideration: $78,060.00 - $87,864.00 Annually DOQ
Benefits:Qualified employees are eligible for benefits the first of the month after hire date.
- Medical: The City currently offers two Medical Benefit Plans, Asuris Northwest Health Preferred Provider Plan (PPO) and Kaiser Permanente. Both are administered through the Association of Washington Cities (AWC). The City pays up to $1,591.00 for employee and dependent medical coverage.
- Dental: Currently, the City offers two Benefit Dental Plans. One is through Washington Dental Service and the other is Willamette Dental. The City pays for the employees’ premium and the employee pays for their spouse and dependents if they choose that coverage.
- Vision: Provided by VSP.
- Aflac: The City offers its employees the opportunity to purchase AFLAC products through a payroll deduction plan. The entire cost is paid by the employee.
- HRA VEBA: The City offers to pay $425.00 monthly toward dependent Medical or Dental coverage through the VEBA program. If the employee does not have dependent coverage, then the money is put into a VEBA account also on a monthly basis. If the employee wants reimbursement for Medical co-pays, Dental costs, Optical costs, prescriptions or dependent premiums paid by their spouse, they may submit receipts to VEBA for the reimbursement. The employee may leave these monies in the account and use it in the future for retirement purposes.
- Group Life Insurance – Standard Insurance: The City pays for a $10,000.00 life insurance policy for each employee. The employee may choose to increase this amount for additional coverage. Any premium amount for coverage above the $10,000 is taken as a payroll deduction form the employee’s monthly paycheck.
- Vacation Time: Employees will receive the following vacation benefit per year:
Year 1-4 = 8
Year 5-10 = 11 hours/month
Year 11-15 = 13 hours/month
Year 16 and after = 15 hours/month
- Sick Leave: Employees will accrue 10 hours of sick leave every month.
- Paid Holidays: The city offers 11 paid holidays and 4 personal holidays!
- Clothing Allowance: $1,500 per year.
- WA State LEOFF Retirement Plan
- Deferred Comp Plan: City matches 6.2%
- College Credit: 3% pay increase for Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Take Home Vehicle: Upon completion of field training program and reside w/in 35 miles of city limits
Airway Heights Police Department - Lateral Police Officer Requirements
|Category||Requirement||Required at time of...|
No, not required
|LEO/CO Physical Ability Test (PAT)||
No, not required (may be required later)
|US Citizen/Lawful Permanent Resident||US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident|
|High School Grad/ GED||Yes|
|Driver's License Required||Yes|
|Felony Conviction(s) as an Adult||None.|
|Felony Conviction(s) as a Juvenile||None.|
|Ability to Read & Write the English Language||Yes|
|Vision Requirements||Must meet LEOFF II standards.|
|Basic Law Enforcement Academy Certification||Yes|
|Prior Experience Requirement||Yes|
|Veterans Preference Points||Yes|
|Current Hiring Status||Currently Hiring|
|Multiple Scores from Same Applicant||We only consider the most recent score|
|Request/Access Scores||Once Annually|
Airway Heights Police Department - Lateral Police Officer Disqualifiers
The following are automatic and potential disqualifiers. Applicants should not apply to our agency if they indicate any of the automatic disqualifiers. Potential disqualifiers will be considered on a case by case basis.
Airway Heights Police Department - Lateral Police Officer
1208 S. Lundstrom St.
Airway Heights, WA 99001 Spokane County
Agency Test Requirements
Written Examination: No, not required
PAT: No, not required (may be required later)
TESTING IN WASHINGTON STATE CANCELED THROUGH MAY 31, 2020
All pre-employment tests in Washington State have been canceled until May 31, 2020 unless government restrictions are eased. With recent updates, facility closures, and government guidelines, this step is necessary and could be modified at any time. The health and safety of our customers, our staff, and their families is of the highest priority.
We will continue to evaluate developments and make changes to this policy as necessary. When we do resume testing, there will be plenty of events for everyone to test. We are in regular communication with our public safety agency partners, assessing alternatives to the traditional testing model and our testing policies. Any future updates will be posted on the PST website and our Facebook page.
If you have tested with PST in the past 12 months, there may be additional positions you are now eligible to add. Several departments have temporarily changed their testing policies due to the suspension in testing that COVID-19 has caused. Please login to your PST account and navigate to the ‘New Positions’ page to see what departments you can add! We will regularly update that page in your account as departments send updates.
FUTURE TEST REGISTRATION
We know that there will be testing in the future - we just don’t know when! We want you to be prepared for when testing begins again so we have created test events on our calendar that you can register for that will place you in a queue to be first notified. These tests are not “real” test events, they are essentially a holding area. You will be able to “reschedule” out of that event to any other event date/location at no cost. Registering now will also give you time to work on your Personal History Statement (PHS) so that your data will be ready and up-to-date to send to your departments once testing resumes.
To sign up for this placeholder event, select the June 15, 2020 test date in your category (police, fire, 911 dispatch, corrections, etc.).
You may also click on the test event of interest below to sign up:
Please check back here frequently and ‘Like’ our Facebook page to stay updated.
PST staff are working remotely and are available by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We anticipate a high email volume and will respond as quickly as possible.